5/19/11

Kidney Disease: I want to donate my kidney to my great aunt.?


I want to donate my kidney to my great aunt.?My great aunt ,whos been there for me through everything and taught me everything, is in the third stage of chronic renal disease. Ive researched this, and know that in the fourth or fifth stage she might need a kidney. Im 13. I really want to do this. Seriously. Dont say im too young to make this decision on my own but i want to know some information about donating a kidney. and if thirteen is even old enough. and how do i approach my aunt on this? thanks in advance.

Posted by Danny Dans
if she loves you she wont let you.

Anyway theres a chance yours ant develpoped enouth or dont match.

Posted by Tarkarri
Firstly, you would have to be a tissue match.
Secondly, she would need to be a good candidate for a transplant.
Thirdly, at 13 years of age your parents or guardian would have to agree.

I would not be letting my great niece do this for me, nor would I have let my daughter do this for any of her great aunts, or even for me.

Posted by A
I like your determination .Best would be to visit your nearest doctor if he suggests its positive&safe then you can proceed further and whatever the doc explain you can explain that to your aunt. I wish everything goes fine .All d best.
http://fundoomails.com

Posted by Amy P
Assuming you are a tissue match, your great aunt agrees to let you donate your kidney and you get your parents to sign off on it, you need to really consider how this would change the rest of your life. Besides recovering from a very painful surgery. Many times they say it's much harder on the donor than it is than the recipient. You would most likely need a 6 week recovery period - you would be out of school and if you are in sports now, you will never be again. The risk of damaging your remaining kidney is too great and any reasonable doctor will not OK your to participate. Also, if you ever planned to have a family, you may not be able to. Pregnancy is very hard on your body and your baby depends on your well working organs to thrive. You would be highly discouraged on becoming pregnant and that is something you can't decide on now. I know you want to help your aunt, but it shouldn't have to be at the expense of your quality of life.

What do you think? Answer below! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: Kidney Disease: I want to donate my kidney to my great aunt.?

No comments:

Post a Comment