5/9/11

I've heard kidney infection/disease can cause false positive for cocaine urine test. Where can i find proof ?


I've heard kidney infection/disease can cause false positive for cocaine urine test. Where can i find proof ?I was looking on the internet for what could cause a false positive on a urine drug test for cocaine. I found out that kidney infection or disease can cause it. I have had a kidney infection and an abcess on my kidney for 2 months. I tested positive for cocaine a few days ago and was so freaked out about it because I haven't even seen cocaine for over 6 years. I knew something had to have caused this false positive. I'm on a lot of medications but none were listed to cause false positive. One website listed the kidney infection but didn't elaborate. I wonder where I could find documentation on this.

Posted by dedum
What antibiotic are you on? Some antibiotics can also cause a false positive.
Best course of action? Simply show them that it is a common cause (print up the pages you were looking at) or this one:
http://www.etown.edu/HealthServices.aspx?topic=HTDrugTestAlert
and then ask for a re-test! (but wait until your infection clears). Your doctor can also be your ally in this issue as well, might want to ask him or her for a letter explaining your kidney situation. Good luck. Hope you get well soon.

What do you think? Answer below! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: I've heard kidney infection/disease can cause false positive for cocaine urine test. Where can i find proof ?

No comments:

Post a Comment