5/18/11

Kidney Disease: What are signs of renal failure? Let me know?


What are signs of renal failure? Let me know?My friend is 28 years old and thinks he has renal failure. The reason he thinks this is because he has 2 fingers on his right hand that have half the nail white and the other regular.

I tried to tell him it is probably nothing serious, but he thinks that is a SURE sign of renal failure. Other than the nails he shows no symptoms. What do you think the nails mean?
Also he does not drink, or smoke.(if that is any help)

Posted by Janae
The easiest way to diagnose renal failure is to look at the color of the urine. If it's dark brown or bloody then, yes it could be a problem with the kidneys. I don't know why two of his nails are different colors, but the nails are not the first place that I would look if I were concerned about renal failure.

Posted by Barb M
Sudden increase in weight, swelling (edema) of the lower extremities, decrease in urine output (not the color of the urine!), increased BUN and creatinine (renal function tests - blood tests). The white nails can be caused by trauma to the nail if he works at all with his hands.

What do you think? Answer below! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: Kidney Disease: What are signs of renal failure? Let me know?

No comments:

Post a Comment