5/20/11

What connection does deodorant have with kidney disease?


What connection does deodorant have with kidney disease?On the back of my deodorant, it says "Ask before use if you have kidney disease." My mom's kinda paranoid about this now, because she has bad kidneys, as did her mother before her, and naturally, she's assuming I do too. So exactly how is deodorant connected to kidney disease? Or kidneys in general?

It'd be nice if you could list your source. :D

Posted by Dewey D
I never heard of this. I don't wear deodorant. I never wear it. You don't need it if you shower frequently. I shower every day when I go to work. I don't sweat at my work though, so you might feel you need it if you have a sweaty job. Otherwise, I wouldn't bother.

Posted by krissy7490
Here is what I found:

CAN ANTIPERSPIRANT CAUSE KIDNEY DISEASE?
No. Antiperspirants will not cause kidney disease.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IS ANTIPERSPIRANT SAFE TO USE IF I HAVE KIDNEY DISEASE?
The FDA considers antiperspirants completely safe and effective. Otherwise, they would not allow them to be marketed. Aluminum is removed from the body primarily by the kidneys. Thus, people with kidney disease may not remove aluminum as effectively. The FDA issued a ruling that requires all U.S. antiperspirants to carry a warning statement to make consumers aware that exposure to aluminum from antiperspirants might need to be discussed with their doctor. If you have kidney disease, we suggest that you consult with your doctor about the warning statement. For perspective, aluminum is from the food and water we consume and the air we breathe. Daily aluminum intake from food and water is thought to be much greater than exposure from daily use of antiperspirants or other beauty care products.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: What connection does deodorant have with kidney disease?

No comments:

Post a Comment