5/21/11

Water retention and pitting edema HELP >.<?


Water retention and pitting edema HELP >.I originally weighed in at about 108 before the cruise I also have Celiac disease (allergy to gluten) and I went on a cruise July 23rd we asked for gluten free menus so they assured me everything was gluten free and the cruise was 9 days.On the second day I noticed swelling in my feet and ankles. It got worse as the vacation went on on the 6th day I went to the ships doctor I weighed in at 123. She didnt know what to do because im only 16 so she prescribed me lasics and predisone. When we arrived home on August 1st I went to the hospital they transfered me to another hospital and I stayed there for 6 days. They took as many tests and everything blood work stool tests EVERYTHING you can think of. Everything came back normal. No kidney/liver problems. My protein levels were low even though I take in enough protein. I wasn't loosing it through stool/urine. They couldnt find out anything in the hospital so I got sent home. Its been over a month and they still cant figure out why I am retaining so much water. I do have thyroid disease in my bloodwork but the doctor said that it isnt active yet. SO I DONT KNOW what the hell to do! Its August 31st and I am now weighing in at 132 lbs... WTF its 23 pounds I have gained in water weight alone. School starts Sep 3rd and I cant fit into clothes. My ankles,legs,stomach,and back are all swollen with water. My pitting edema is getting very bad. Does anyone have any idea what it could be. Sorry this is so long. AHH!
Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: Water retention and pitting edema HELP >.<?

No comments:

Post a Comment