4/20/11

Vets that my cat has kidney failure and his blood work looks very bad, what to do?


Vets that my cat has kidney failure and his blood work looks very bad, what to do?I just dropped him off at the emergency clinic right now and my 6 month 3.75 pounds kitten has been diagnosed with kidney failure. The vet said that she could TRY to give him antibiotics but that might be futile and waste my money (?!?!). I'll transfer him to a day care clinic at 8am since they'll close at 8am. What are my options?
Oh, I told her to go ahead with the antibiotics anyway.

Posted by H
Talk to the vet or another vet for a second opinion and ask about your options.

Posted by sharkinthewater
Kidney failure is fatal. You can prolong a cats with renal disease for a few months by giving them regular saline injections sometimes but the cat will be suffering. You should have the cat put down. Very sorry about your kitten. I know how this goes, my 19 year old cat went into acute renal failure and I had to have her put down. Its a very, very difficult & sad thing to have to do.

Posted by ladystang
depends on you listen to vet
i would have to really think about putting down if vet said it is useless

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: Vets that my cat has kidney failure and his blood work looks very bad, what to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment