4/20/11

Things are not good for me. I may end up with kidney failure.?


Things are not good for me. I may end up with kidney failure.?My blood pressure jumped up to 129/92 after 3 years of having an average of 115/75. The doctor put me already on medication but I am afraid that the BP is going to get even worse. Now I am depressed. I am afraid that I could lose both of my kidneys to hypertensive-related renal failure. The last blood test, luckily, said that my kidneys are fine and the GFR is good too. One of my family members, a father, ended up with fatal kidney disease due to his bad blood pressure, even though he survived 11 years on dialysis. So I have a family history of high blood pressure. Very bad news!

Posted by soccerroxz101
omg my uncle just died because his kidney was bad =[ and he wasnt able to get one on time nd he was only 43 and my cuz his son is now 13 i feel so bad

Posted by Erin J
I realize it must be quite a big stress for you to see yourself potentially going down the same road your father did. However, your blood pressure is mildly elevated and your kidney function tests are reportedly normal. These are good things, considering you are now receiving anti-hypertensives. It's important to treat high blood pressure early as you are. If you haven't already, try lifestyle modifications that lower your blood pressure, such as cutting your salt intake and losing weight if you're overweight. Just keep following up with your doctor; since hypertension is one of those silent diseases, that's a very important thing to do.

Posted by Ted J
that's not too bad, check your blood sugar.

What do you think? Answer below! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: Things are not good for me. I may end up with kidney failure.?

No comments:

Post a Comment