4/27/11

How does skin infectios and tonsilitis/pharyngitis lead to post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis?


How does skin infectios and tonsilitis/pharyngitis lead to post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis?Tonsilitis/pharyngitis and skin infection caused by streptococcus pyogenes. How did the microorganism travel from the throat/skin to the kidneys and cause the disease?

Posted by Cher E
Untreated Strep throat can cause post-strep glomerulonephritis. Signs and symptoms usually begin 3 weeks after your sore throat. As far as your skin is concerned, you always have bacteria on it. Touch and and then fingers go in the mouth unknowingly. Untreated Strep can also cause rheumatic heart disease.. I had post strep throat glomerulonephritis twice while in I was in nursing school. Unfortuately, it kept me back a year. That was over 30 years ago. I don't know is there is now a strep kit on the market without a prescription, but there should be so people know whether or not they have strep and should be treated. So many sore throats are caused by viruses. When I was younger I had sore throats several times a year. If I ran to the doctor everytime I had a sore throat, I'd have been there all the time. I do know that there is a quick strep test available in a doctors office. 10 years ago, I finally had my tonsils removed. I haven't had a sore throat since. Unfortuantely, untreated strep can cause glomeruolnephritis and rheumatic heart disease.

What do you think? Answer below! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: How does skin infectios and tonsilitis/pharyngitis lead to post-streptococcal glomerulonephritis?

No comments:

Post a Comment