5/8/11

Tooth Pain a year after root canal?


Tooth Pain a year after root canal?Recently I have been experiencing tooth pain on a tooth that has all ready been abscessed and given a root canal. It happened about a year ago, the pain isn't quite the same however. The tooth is very sensitive to hot and cold, but doesn't "sting" with pressure on it. I don't see how this could hurt since the nerve is gone..Just some background knowledge: I have a kidney disease that is a Vitamin-D deficiency which makes my bones not as strong, meaning my teeth are more porous and bacteria can get in easier, thus causing abscesses. I have had 4 root canals already in the past 2-3 years and almost all my baby teeth were abscessed. Thanks for the help, and ask if there is anything you need to know.


I have had teeth problems all my life because I have

Posted by Kooky Monkey
Since the nerve has already been removed, then it could be referred pain from a nearby tooth. If you go back to the dentist or endodontist, they can do tests to isolate which tooth is causing you pain.

Sensitivity to hot and cold can be due to an infected tooth, gum recession, or porous enamel. When the enamel of the tooth is porous, the nerve inside is less protected from hot and cold. One of the best way to help is Sensodyne toothpaste - it helps to create more of a protective barrier by filling in the pores in the surface of the tooth.

Add your own answer in the comments! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: Tooth Pain a year after root canal?

No comments:

Post a Comment