5/21/11

My dog ate some Excedrin the told me he has kidney damage is there anything i can do to make him better?


My dog ate some Excedrin the told me he has kidney damage is there anything i can do to make him better?My dog accidentally ate some excedrin 3 of them, the Vet told me he had kidney damage what else can i do for him in order to get better.

Posted by del_sol_dragon
Poor pup, but would the vet not have told you this?

Posted by Sandra R
Ask the vet. They should have outlined a programme for you. If you have Natural Health care practitioners in your area for pets, they can give you a variety of herbs and supplements to help support and detox the kidneys. You need to go to a professional though. Don't just start winging herbs at the dog.

Sorry you and your pup are going through this.

Posted by mark b
Cranberry juice. If he will drink it.

Posted by mojos1966
If he's a young pup then he'll be just fine but he'll be sick for a while..
You see, excedrin is processed through the liver, a dogs liver works a little differently than ours...He can't process the drug...It will eat up liver cells..Think of it as a pac man effect...The cells just keeep getting eaten up til the liver can't do it's job anymore..
A young pup is growing so fast that it's liver may be able to overcome..My advice to you ?
Aside from seeing the vet ofcourse...The highest quality food that you can buy may give your dog the nutrients it needs to recover those liver cells as they're being destroyed...
Dry food, the first ingredient should be poultry or lamb...The fisrt ingredient is corn or soy ? Sorry, your dog is doomed..
Your dog is growing very fast right now and can overcome the damage to his liver if you give him the right nutrients...Don't feed a cheap food...Give him the nutrients that a growing body needs and I'm sure he'll come out of this just fine.. :-)

Give your answer to this question below! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: My dog ate some Excedrin the told me he has kidney damage is there anything i can do to make him better?

1 comment:

  1. I am always searching online for articles that can help me. There is obviously a lot to know about this. I think you made some good points in Features also. Keep working, great job
    liver supplement for dogs

    ReplyDelete