5/10/11

I have stage 2 Kidney Disease. Is my sudden weight loss a sign of something serious?


I have stage 2 Kidney Disease. Is my sudden weight loss a sign of something serious?I've always been thin but I've recently droped to under 84 pounds, having shed ten pounds just this past month. I've been eating more in an attempt to prevent this from happening but to no avail I really havent had an appetite though.
I'm tired all of the time, dizzy, and have been having episodes where breathing is difficult. I dont know if this is *normal* thing in regards to Kidney Disease as I was just diagnosed with it less than a year ago. I haven't gone back to the doctor as I do not have health insurance. SO If this isn't a sign of something serious, then I'm not going to put myself in debt with medical bills. Therefore I was wondering if anyone had any helpful advice or experience with kidney disease?
thanks

Posted by prettycoloredrocks
Do you live near a free clinic? You really need to see a doctor. Are you just planning to let the disease take its course or are you going to seek treatment? I'm sure there's a local hospice that can help you.

Posted by okarol
If I were you I would get checked by a doctor soon. If your kidney disease is progressing you are risking your health by not being monitored.

Here's a place where there are other kidney, dialysis and transplant patients, families and caregivers who could give you some suggestions and support - they will understand what you are going through - come to the forum at http://www.ihatedialysis.com - it's a online community and you may find some answers there.

Good luck!

Add your own answer in the comments! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: I have stage 2 Kidney Disease. Is my sudden weight loss a sign of something serious?

No comments:

Post a Comment