5/20/11

Could a UTI be a symptom of some bigger infection/disease?


Could a UTI be a symptom of some bigger infection/disease?When I was pregnant with my first child I had him 3 months early due to an infection. I was admitted to the ER because my OBGYN thought I had a kidney infection. I had the correct symptoms of a UTI but I also had sharp pains on my right side and in my stomach. They ruled out appendicitis but claimed it was all a uterine infection after a month of being in the ER (During which I had my baby.) I'm now experiencing the same thing all over again only this time when I went to the ER they said it was a UTI and sent me home. I have a history of UTIs and this doesn't feel like a UTI or a Kidney infection. But they refuse to do anything else because it's only me being in pain and unable to move for a while. So I'm wondering if the UTI isn't a sign of another infection or disease. Something that is to blame for this pain. Antibiotics don't seem to help either.

Also: I am STD free so that's already been ruled out.

Posted by wasacon
Some people are just prone, but I am not aware of a UTI being the result of another ailment, other than dehydration. I have heard that some of the newer white teas, green teas, fancy teas, seem to not agree with some folks' kidneys and bladders. Could it be ovaries or ligaments? Now dont laugh at this, but could you be lactose intolerant? this happened to a friend of mine and she had every doc in the world in there giving her every diagnosis in the world. Turns out she became lactose intolerant in her late 30's. The pain was awful and the docs were clueless. that was 20 years ago.

What do you think? Answer below! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: Could a UTI be a symptom of some bigger infection/disease?

No comments:

Post a Comment