4/17/11

My cat was diagnosed with kidney disease and is dying. Please help?


My cat was diagnosed with kidney disease and is dying. Please help?Hello,

Today I learned my cat of 13 years has kidney disease, along with a mass in her throat. She was always a healthy kitty, and tested for troubles, but everything always came back as she was fine. The vet said this is all shocking, as it came on extremely quickly, causing her health to decline very fast.

My vet said the surgery to remove the mass would honestly not be wise, as its in a very hard spot, and with the condition she's in, she would more than likely pass. She just said that what we can do is make her as comfortable as possible.

She gave us some sample foods to put her on (a low protein diet) and told us to just bring her in every few weeks, and or days to monitor her progress.

My heart is in shreds. What can I do for her? I know there is no cure for this, but I do not want her in pain. How will I know she is in pain? And or not already in pain? What are good foods to feed her to help with this? Are there any natural vitamins or that I could give her to help? What can I truly do to help her last stays here on earth be happy and pain free? Please, she is my baby and I love her dearly.

Posted by joinme4coffee
This is so painful and my heart goes out to you. Just follow the vet's advise and keep her as comfortable as possible.

Posted by ajanzen
:(

Posted by Amanda
I'm sorry to not be able to answer your question. I really have no idea what to do. But I did want to tell you that my heart hurt when I read this. I hope for the best for you and your cat, and I pray that her last days are wonderful ones.

Posted by caleb1996
Just sedate her and get her put down

Posted by RachieR!OT
Your story broke my heart. I'm very sorry, but your kitty will be able to feel the concern you're feeling for her. Just remain calm and normal as if you would ordinarily, she'll feel your stress. Just cuddle with her, spoil her, and make her bed nice and comfy.

What do you think? Answer below! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: My cat was diagnosed with kidney disease and is dying. Please help?

No comments:

Post a Comment