4/16/11

Kidney Disease: Would routine pregnancy labs show chronic kidney disease?


Would routine pregnancy labs show chronic kidney disease?I was recently diagnosed with stage 2 chronic kidney disease with 40% function loss. I am trying to figure out when it possibly started. I have a one year old daughter and nothing abnormal was found when I was pregnant so I'm thinking it was after she was born that it all started. I know the labs for pregnancy and kidney disease are different, but if I had kidney disease back then, wouldn't I have been dumping protein into the urine then like I am now?

Any other ways to figure out when my kidney disease started? Thanks!

(I originally asked a couple days ago in the Disease section but didn't get any answers....thought I'd try here.)

Posted by mandie82481
When protein is found in the urine it may be a sign that you have a UTI or kidney disease or high blood pressure that occurs in late pregnancy and only associated with the pregnancy so even if something was detected then chances are that it would have been over looked and assumed that it was just a pregnancy system.

Give your answer to this question below! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: Kidney Disease: Would routine pregnancy labs show chronic kidney disease?

No comments:

Post a Comment