4/15/11

Kidney Disease: Kidney transplantation?


Kidney transplantation?Your experiences AFTER your kidney transplant

Where ?
When ?
Medication ?

Posted by A charmed one
My transplant was at Washington Hospital Center, in Washington D.C., May 15th 1999 (my 7 year anniversary is around the corner). I had ALOT of medications after the surgery, but my nurses and my doctor helped me to learn when and how to take all of them. I was released from the hospital on a Sat. and had to report back to my surgeon's office for a post check up on Monday morning. The schedule of your doctor's appointments is busy, but the good thing is that some of your meds will be reduced and some will even be stopped all together.

As Far as "life" after my transplant, it was great. I felt so much better and I was able to do things that I couldn't do because of dialysis or the effects of dialysis. I hope this helps and if you are going to have a transplant I wish you the best. Just remember that it is waaaaaaaaaay better then dialysis. :)

Give your answer to this question below! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: Kidney Disease: Kidney transplantation?

No comments:

Post a Comment