4/28/11

Kidney Disease: I have a large renal cyst 8cm by 8 cm how is this treated?


I have a large renal cyst 8cm by 8 cm how is this treated?I have flank pain and blood in my urine, I haven't heard from my doctor yet I think it's because I have no health insurance, I was seen in the Emergency Room and had a CT scan and was diagnosed there

Posted by mother love
go to your county clinic they have to treat you your life is just as imporant as someone with insurance i will pray for you i pray for fast results for you

Posted by alice f
I don't know why you have a renal cyst. I do know cysts are not necessiarly treated aggressively. Depends on many things like is the pain and bleeding interfering with your daily activities? It must be or you wouldn't go to the ER. This is a big cyst...Anyway, some times they just 'watch' a cyst and see if it resolves. If you have a fever or high white blood count you may have also developed an infection. You want to ask if your kidney function has been affected and if so how will this affect your health?
Your creatitine is the blood test for kidney function.
Always ask, what is going on doctor? Always ask what is the plan of care or what is recommended to treat your condition? Surely they recommended you see someone in followup soon. Did they tell you to drink lots of fluids so the blood will be washed out and not clot and maybe obstruct the flow of urine which would cause more pressure and pain. If you are obstructed now you need to know that and ask the doctor how much fluids you should drink.
Don't hesitate to call your doctor don't wait for him to call you. Be proactive. Ask if he got the reports from the ER and what does he recommend? Be up front about no insurance. You can go to the business office and negotiate the bills later. Usually they will negotiate the bills if you have no insurance. Good Luck.

Posted by BRIAN S
Get as much resource as you can maybe is one option,however it could be quite time consuming,here http://www.healthinsurance-onlinetips.info/health-insurance-for-free.htm is one resource i have had good experience.

Give your answer to this question below! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: Kidney Disease: I have a large renal cyst 8cm by 8 cm how is this treated?

No comments:

Post a Comment