4/17/11

Kidney Disease: How to do a fundraising event?


How to do a fundraising event?My mother died in July from complications stemming from a long battle with chronic kidney disease. I want to raise money for the Kidney Trust (and I have spoken with them) but I'm not sure how. I've thought of a bake sale but I'm not sure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by A F
I am sorry to hear about your mom. It is a good way to honor her memory by helping others with the same illness. A bake sale is a good idea. You can also do things like a yard sale, a walk where people get pledges for each mile they walk, getting together a group to do chores and projects and using the money for this or having a singing or talent show but the bake sale is probably easiest to organize to start with.

Posted by Destiny'sDream
Bake sales are fine. Tag Sales. (Donating the money raised) also you can have a fundraising dinner. All you have to do, is rent a hall, set up a buffett, a raffle, etc. and donate all the money or half of the money raised to the Kidney Trust Fund. You can charge 50.00 a couole or 30.00 a person, and have a night of fun in Memory of your Mom.
If you don't want to rent a hall, you can also do just "Pizza and Bowling" Night. Ask the bowling alley if you can rent it for the evening.
My friend did this, and she made 575.00 for her friend who was dying from Leukemia. She also had a Bake Sale and Raffle at the bowling Alley. I made her a bunch of Gift Baskets, and everybody had a great time. :)
There is lots you can do! :)

Add your own answer in the comments! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: Kidney Disease: How to do a fundraising event?

No comments:

Post a Comment