4/15/11

Can kidney disease cause chronic feelings of fatigue?


Can kidney disease cause chronic feelings of fatigue?I have been diagnosed with medullary sponge kidney for the past several years. For the past 5-10 years though, I have constantly felt tired. It's to the point where I can barely drive and drag myself out of bed some days. I currently take pain medication to help alleviate my kindey symptoms, but not a huge amount. I wonder if my kindey function being impaired could be causing my feelings of constant tiredness. Last night I slept for 10 hours and I still could barely make it to work.

Posted by viking
When was the last time you went to your nephrologist? You need to be discussing this with him/her. Never seek online medical advice...it's a crap shoot at best. If your kidneys aren't working well, of course you'll be fatigued. But this is something you need to see your doctor about!!!!

Posted by Allison
I agree with Viking.

Yes, kidney diease can cause anemia. If it is appropriate, your dr. can put you on injections of Procrit, which will help you body make more red blood cells. Your condition sounds exactly like my problems when I had kidney disease; I would come home from work and then sleep for 3 hours, be up a couple of hours and go straight to bed. I took the Procrit; it takes 4 to 6 weeks for the injections to start work.

What do you think? Answer below! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: Can kidney disease cause chronic feelings of fatigue?

No comments:

Post a Comment