5/15/11

Kidney Disease: Euthanasia for my Cat?


Euthanasia for my Cat?Hello My Cat is only 8 Year Old and show symptoms of Chronic Renal Failure. My poor Kitty decided not to eat but continue drinking water, can barely walk and always always soiling herself. her weight have drop dramastically. I wanted to force feed but her face keep swaying away from food. I know about the expensive procedure but I don't have the money. I feel so helpless and depressed. I read story of cat with same problem that live for year. yet by the looking at my skinny kitty now it make me think about Euthanasia. but when I see her try to walk and drink I think about holding on to my Cat. I wanted her to least make it this summer. but by the look of things it could be just days and week. Help me with my decision and advice me.

Posted by TrixyLoo
I think if you love your cat, then Euthanasia's benefit should outweight the cost. Don't force your cat to eat- he is follwoing his cat instinct not to eat. He's not being stubborn, he's going through the stages of death. Let him drink if he wants it, keep him comfortable, comfort him any way you can, and call around to find the prices of putting him down. Call the SPCA too and ask if they have a cheaper price than the vet. Often times they do.

Posted by abdiver12
Take her to the vet. The check up shouldn't be too expensive. See what her prognosis and recommendation is. You don't know for sure until you get a professional diagnosis. Just the other day my cat wouldn't move and wouldn't eat and my mom thought she would die but after a $ 30 injection, is now up and about. Don't jump to conclusions about her condition until you've consulted with a professional.

Posted by jessybells
take her down to the vets and they will decide if it is best to put her down. It may be expensive but at least she wont be in any pain.

Posted by fluffycat1930
wow this has really hit me, my poor cat was 16 when she had the same problem, she had medication and special food for a very short time, i had to make the decision to put her to sleep and although it was the right decision i still feel guilty to this day.
your cats quality of life is virtually non existent at the moment, it is the kindest thing todo, it sounds as the chronic renal failure has really taken hits hold.
it will be so so hard for you and my heart goes out to you, it really does.
if you have to put kitty to ask your vet if it is possible to pay an agreed amount weekly, or try the p.d.s.a. i know your cat is younger but it seems to be the time, dont mean to upset you anymore than you obviously already are. (((((hugs))))) x

Posted by Ali Pasha's cat
take her to the vet about the illness and see what treatment there is before making a decision

What do you think? Answer below! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: Kidney Disease: Euthanasia for my Cat?

No comments:

Post a Comment