5/24/11

What are the symptoms of Kidney damage in a puppy?


What are the symptoms of Kidney damage in a puppy?My two puppies have been on the recalled food (canned Nutro Natural Choice chicken, rice, and oatmeal puppy food) and have been very sick with vomiting and bloody watery stools. They have gotten better with veterinary treatment and since they are not on the food, but now one of them is drinking a lot and her urine is clear. Does it mean that she is having problems with her kidney's? What are the symptoms of kidney problems?

I have already called the vet, but since it is after hours I am waiting for them to call me back. So please no "go to the vet" replies. There is not a 24 hour clinic in my area, so I have to wait for my vet. I will take her as soon as the vet calls, I am just worried now.
Also, they have had all of their shots and tested negative for both parvo and intestinal parasites.

Posted by pink_panda_28
poor puppy, call different vets so you can get multiple answers and maybe one will call sooner, til then good luck

Posted by bladedogsrule
I think difficulty urinating is one of them. It just depends on whats going on. Drinking a lot and urinating a lot CAN mean a bladder infection although I think that's the least of her worries.

Posted by Shiloh
Here are some signs that your pups might be suffering from kidney infection:

Symptoms
• "Squatting" numerous times but not urinating
• Pain when the kidney area is palpitated
• Appearing listless or depressed
• Loss of interest in food
• Weight loss
• Blood in the urine

Posted by Chris F
Your puppies are showing signs of possible kidney problems! I watched an in depth interview with a vet on TV talking about the symptoms of kidney troubles and what your puppies are doing were mentioned symptoms. Best of luck to you. God Bless!

Posted by Medium Sexy Jay
I am a nurse although I dont work with animals clear urine is a good sign the kidneys are working if your pup was not peeing or just a little and it was very dark Id worry even more -when my patients have kidney failure they dont pee and if they do just a small amount and its very dark

Give your answer to this question below! Learn basic information on kidney disease from the experts at Kidney Disease Info Blog.


Orignal From: What are the symptoms of Kidney damage in a puppy?

No comments:

Post a Comment